quinta-feira, 12 de fevereiro de 2009

Marquês dos pântanos #3

"They [a multidão de ouvintes que se reunia à volta dos road shows da Radio 1] seemed to think that we all [os radialistas] lived together in some nightmarish commune and that my claim to be unable to reveal details of Gary's [estrela dos microfones da Radio 1 nos anos 70] plans for the day was a lie. Odd though this belief was, it was as nothing when compared with that of a woman who was convinced that I lived in a flat on Baker Street with Lou Reed and Stevie Wonder.
"I was so intrigued by this belief -- and was keen, as you might imagine, to discover whence it had sprung -- that, I'm afraid, I rather egged my correspondent on by writing back to her with details of the life Lou, Stevie and I shared. How we dreaded the weeks in which it was Stevie's turn to do the cooking, I remember telling her."


(in "Margrave of the Marshes", John Peel and Sheila Ravenscroft, ed. Corgi Books, 2006)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Os comentários antigos, da haloscan/echo, desapareceram. Estão por isso de regresso estes comentários do blogger/google.